BUS610 UM Radiohead’s New Music Release Strategy was a Stroke of Genius Case Study
- How can you persuasively structure thinking about an evaluation?
- Discussion of the “Radiohead” case.
- Note on the Radiohead assignment: do not do outside research for your writing assignment. Use ONLY the information in the case.
Radiohead Writing Assignment (15/100 points)
Radiohead has hired you as a consultant and wants you to advise them on their proposed release strategy for their latest album, In Rainbows. Is the band’s release strategy for the album a stroke of genius or an invitation to disaster for the band? Why? (See below for the grading criteria.)
Word limit: 700 words
Submit your assignment on Blackboard–see the link below. Be sure to include your first name in the name of the Word file and in the document—both places!
Grading Criteria for Writing Assignment
Here is what we are looking for in this assignment:
- Do you state an overall evaluation?
- Do you offer compelling reasons for the evaluation that are based on relevant criteria?
- Do you provide persuasive evidence for each reason?
- Do you include both positives and negatives of the release strategy?
- Is your argument easy for a reader to follow?
Required Reading(books, articles, cases):
- Bryan A. Garner, HBR Guide to Better Business Writing, Section 2 (pp. 43-87).
- “Radiohead” case (use the link to HBS Publishing on Blackboard–it’s at the top of this page!)
Required Reading on Blackboard (see above):
- Handout: Example of an Evaluation Argument
- Handout: Evaluation Argument Template