Central Michigan University Communication and Gender Essay
You will be watching the show you selected, and analyzing it through the researchers lens, embedding yourself in the relational development of the characters and plot lines.
You should be focused on:
- Assessing characters on Sandra Bem’s scale of Masculine and Feminine Identification
- Schafer and Olsen’s Five Facets of Intimacy
- Biological Assignment, Sex – Gender – Romantic Identification
- Feminist or Anti-Feminist Behavior
- Toxic Masculinity and Masculine Oppression
- Systemic Gender Bias
- Religious Impact on Gendered perspectives
- Intersectionality of Gendered Communication and Issues
- Gendered Violence
Take “field notes” As you watch, and then write up a summary of your findings after each episode – You can add notes in your group discussion here as you stream, but beware of posting early and creating spoilers! The beginning of your post should clearly mark what episodes you are writing about!