Concorde Career College Self-Awareness Essay
- Consider the fact that an individual’s self-awareness combined with an individual’s perception of a situation often varies and differences in both can influence how a communication interaction transpires.
- Reflect on a time when the perception of others — the impression you made — was particularly important (your first date with someone, the first day of college, the first day on a new job, etc.).
- What kind of impression did you want to make and why? What did you do to ensure others perceived you how you wanted them to? Were your attempts effective?
- Write a two- to three-page paper, not counting the title page and the references page, that describes the event, differences of perception, and defines the concepts of self-awareness and perception.
- While including cited terms and concepts is important, the bulk of this paper should be about your own experience.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all papers must be cited and written in current APA format.