Economics: Demand and Supply
1. Define demand. What does the law of demand state? Express it in words, in symbols (clip art or images), and as a graph.
2. Define supply. What does the law of supply state? Express it in words, in symbols (clip art or images), and as a graph.
3. Discuss the five factors that cause demand curves to shift and give a specific example of each one.
4. Describe the five factors that shift the supply curve and what causes a movement along the supply curve.
5. What does it mean when a supply curve shifts to the left? Shifts to the right? Compare a shift of the curve to a movement along the curve.
6. Define elasticity of demand and describe how it is calculated; give examples of elastic and inelastic goods.
7. Describe equilibrium three ways: in words, with symbols, and as a labeled graph.
8. Describe how price acts as a signal in the marketplace to buyers and sellers.