SIM 415 American Sentinel The Motivational & Organizational Climate Essay
Motivation & Organizational Climate
Evaluate the organizational climate and motivation of a unit where you currently or previously worked. Describe how leaders and managers evaluate the level of motivation and organizational climate. Analyze two actions found in the literature that leaders could employ to improve the management of workplace issues (motivation, conflict, scheduling or discrimination).
Support your discussion and opinions with facts and relevant examples from personal nursing practice.
Reading and Resources
- Review chapters 1-3 in Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Deschamps, C., Rinfret, N., Lagacé, M. C., & Privé, C. (2016). Transformational leadership and change: How leaders influence their followers’ motivation through organizational justice. Journal Of Healthcare Management, 61(3), 194-212.
- Jefferson, T., Klass, D., Lord, L., Nowak, M., & Thomas, G. (2014). Context and the leadership experiences and perceptions of professionals. Journal of Health Organization and Management, 28(6), 811-829. [Found in ProQuest Central, linked on the library gateway page, A-Z list of collections]
- Review chapters 4 & 6 in Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Krive, J. (2013). Building effective workforce management practices through shared governance and technology systems integration. Nursing Economic$, 31(5), 231-249
- Stewart, K. R. (2017). SBAR, communication, and patient safety: An integrated literature review. Medsurg Nursing, 26(5), 297-305.
- Review: IOM Future of Nursing Report
- Review: Campaign for Action Resources
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|2 to 3-page paper. Include title and reference pages.|
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
|4 to 8 slides. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.|
Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation
|4 to 8 slides with speaker notes. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.|
|5 to 6-minute video presentation.Attach reference page or include in video.Professional appearance and background.Video submissions must include a script in Word format, submitted through for an Originality Report.|
|Table with appropriate columns and headers.Include title and reference pages.|
Graphs or other illustrations
|Graphs or illustrations with appropriate labels. Include title and reference pages.|
|Poster utilizing any applicable poster template. Include visual graphics/images/other formats for visual appeal. Include appropriate title and references on poster.|