SIMPATH 415 ASU The Consequence of The Delegation Process in Arkansas Essay
Provide a summary of the delegation guidelines in your state. Analyze how inappropriate may delegation jeopardize patient safety and quality patient care. Discuss at least three barriers to delegation nurse managers may encounter. Describe at least three strategies nurse managers can use to reduce legal risks of delegation and strengthen the efficiency of the health care team.
Support your discussion and opinions with facts and relevant examples from personal nursing practice.
Reading and Resources
- Review chapter 15 & 20 in Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Search out your Nurse Practice Act and brief yourself on the delegation section.
- Review: Joint Statement on Delegation American Nurses Association (ANA) and the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN). Retrieved from https://www.ncsbn.org/Delegation_joint_statement_NCSBN-ANA.pdf
- Riisgaard, H., & Nexøe, J. (2017). Successful task delegation in general practice – a way to maintain primary health care in the future. Scandinavian Journal Of Primary Health Care, 35(2), 111-112. doi:10.1080/02813432.2017.1335056
- Kærnested, B. & Bragadóttir, H. (2012). Delegation of registered nurses revisited: Attitudes towards delegation and preparedness to delegate effectively. Nordic Journal Of Nursing Research & Clinical Studies / Vård I Norden, 32(1), 10-15.
- Plawecki, L. & Amrhein, D. (2010). Legal issues. A question of delegation: Unlicensed assistive personnel and the professional nurse. Journal Of Gerontological Nursing, 36(8), 18-21. doi:10.3928/00989134-20100712-01
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|2 to 3-page paper. Include title and reference pages.|
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
|4 to 8 slides. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.|
Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation
|4 to 8 slides with speaker notes. Add title and reference slides.Follow Rules of 7.|
|5 to 6-minute video presentation.Attach reference page or include in video.Professional appearance and background.Video submissions must include a script in Word format, submitted through Turnitin for an Originality Report.|
|Table with appropriate columns and headers.Include title and reference pages.|
Graphs or other illustrations
|Graphs or illustrations with appropriate labels. Include title and reference pages.|
|Poster utilizing any applicable poster template. Include visual graphics/images/other formats for visual appeal. Include appropriate title and references on poster.|