UF Sociology Worksheet
Not Me, Not Mine (7:50)
How do children without functioning families manage in foster care? This selection explores how young adults reflect on their experiences in foster care.
- What unique challenges do people who grew up in foster care face?
- Why do you think so many former foster care participants become homeless?
- How do you think the aftermath of foster care can be improved?
- How does family disruption affect individuals? Communities? The state?
Between Two Worlds (3:44)
Traditional Judaism requires a person to be born to a Jewish mother to be considered a Jew. Declining birthrates have raised concerns among Jewish leaders.
- How are religion and the family intertwined as social institutions?
- How might a multifaith family’s experience differ from a family that shares religious beliefs and practices?
- Discuss the connection between child bearing, child rearing, and religion.
- How are family and religious affiliation connected with political power?
- How have social changes altered the relationship between family and religion?