UMGC Persuasive Image Analysis Essay
Locate an image you believe is meant to get to get people to feel something or do something. This could be an image you encountered in your own life. It could be a historical image, a photo a friend took, even an icon or emoji.
Analyze the image in terms of its persuasive appeal and compliance with ethical standards. Write a 2–3-page paper (it does not need to be 700 words, just meet the page requirement) telling us the following:
- Who produced the image? Where did you find it (i.e., a magazine, a website)?
- Who do you think is the intended audience, and why? Describe the audience in terms of culture, demographics (who they are), and psychographics (how they feel).
- What do you think the image creator is trying to get the audience to do or feel? How do you know?
- What characteristics of the image (principles, composition, color, perspective, staging, framing, use of light and dark, use of symbolism, etc.) made it persuasive? List at least three characteristics.
- Do you believe the image was manipulated (altered) in any way? If so, how and to what end?
- Do you think the image is propaganda? Why or why not?
Was it ethical to produce this image? Was it ethical as used in the context where you found it? Why or why not?
Your paper should be formatted as follows:
Use at least other 2 academic sources (course readings or outside research), with
citations and references
Also cite the image you found in APA style.
I have attached a document that can be used to help with this paper, I have attached the source ( please include it in the paper):
UMGC. (2022). Lesson 5: Images and Influence.