University of California San Diego Movies and Documentaries Science and Ethics Paper
The goal of this assignments is to create a shared list of movies and documentaries that cover/consider the subject of this section: Science and Ethics.
You must participate in the list to obtain the points for this assignment.
No repetitions are allowed, so the sooner you post your movie, the more options you have.
The post should contain and follow this format:
- Title of the movie/Documentary
- Director and year
- Brief summary
- Ethic issue covered in the film
- Where could somebody access the film
- URL to more information about the movie or the movie itself.
Here is an example:
- Andrew Niccol (1997)
- In the not-too-distant future, a less-than-perfect man wants to travel to the stars. Society has categorized Vincent Freeman as less than suitable given his genetic make-up and he has become one of the underclass of humans that are only useful for menial jobs. To move ahead, he assumes the identity of Jerome Morrow, a perfect genetic specimen who is a paraplegic as a result of a car accident. With professional advice, Vincent learns to deceive DNA and urine sample testing. Just when he is finally scheduled for a space mission, his program director is killed and the police begin an investigation, jeopardizing his secret.
- Bioethics in Genetics. Should our DNA information be public? Could the information in our genes be used as a bioparameter to classify human beings?
- YouTube. Itunes. Google Play Movies