Walden University Statistics Visual Display of The Data Question
For this Introduction to Quantitative Analysis Assignment, you will explore how to visually display data for optimal use.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider visual displays of data.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Unit of Analysis and the Skill Builder: Levels of Measurement, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- From the dataset you chose, choose one categorical and one continuous variable and perform the appropriate visual display for each variable.
- Once you visually display each variable, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your results and include a copy and paste of the appropriate visual display of the data into your document.
Based on the results of your data, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be. Early in your Assignment, when you relate which dataset you analyzed, please include the mean of the following variables. If you are using the Afrobarometer Dataset, report the mean of Q1 (Age). If you are using the HS Long Survey Dataset, report the mean of X1SES.
Use appropriate APA format. Refer to the APA manual for appropriate citation.
This week you will learn about Displaying Data. You should select 2 variables from the same data set, either the Afrobarometer or HSLS data set. One should be categorical (nominal) the other one should be continuous (scale). You will create two separate graphs, one for each of your two variables. You will work with these same 2 variables for weeks 2, 3, and 4 – so consider looking at those assignments as well to ensure you feel comfortable with the variables you’ve selected. Ensure that the graphs you select are appropriate for the measurement level of your variables!Write a brief description of your two graphs and include the graphs within the Word document. This assignment should be between 2 and 3 paragraphs. In paragraph one, indicate the data set (Afrobarometer or HSLS) and identify the variable names (with their variable labels) and describe what they measure. Review APA format to describe the categorical variables correctly (see “scale anchors” in the APA manual for support)In paragraph 2, describe your categorical (nominal) variable and insert the graph (use APA format to create a figure caption). Review APA format to describe the categorical variables correctly (see “scale anchors” in the APA manual for support) In paragraph 3, describe your continuous (scale) variable and insert your graph (use APA format to create a figure caption).Use full APA format (e.g., title page, page numbers, double spacing, Times New Roman 12-point font, APA headings, etc.) and include citations and a References page.
Here is a link to a template you can use: